To all our visitors,
We wish to inform you that the visitors fees for this temple, which have not changed for many years, will
change as of September 1, 2019 (Sunday), as indicated below. We are facing rising costs for many things.
Our principal image, the bronze sculpture of the seated Amida Buddha, is a National Treasure, and our
premises are designated as a national historic landmark. It is increasingly expensive to maintain these
facilities, and we are grateful for your understanding and support.
|CurrentBeginning||September 1, 2019|
|Regular visitors (middle-school-age and up)||
|Holders of Kamakura Fukuju Techo||
* The visitors fee for elementary school-age children will remain unchanged at ¥150. The fee for entering the inside of the statue will also be unchanged at ¥20.
No fee is charged for:
- Small children (below school age)
- The following are exempt from visitors fees:
- Persons with documented disabilities (physical, mental, or in rehabilitation)
- Persons accompanying children or pupils who receive discounts (including employees of travel service companies)
- Students and educators from institutions that have applied, and been approved for, special support
- Persons affiliated with care facilities that have applied, and been approved, for exemption